I am an oddball, I know this. Nothing shows that more than when Aunt Flo comes to visit. While some might get laid up or at least want to curl up in bed and binge watch Orange Is The New Black on Netflix, that isn’t for me. You see, when the tide rolls in around here, and I ain’t talking football, I get to nesting. It is the strangest thing. I never do more cleaning or more cooking than when it’s Shark Week.
It’s weird. I feel like a Valkyrie of old, a shield maiden of Rohan! My enemies blood is flowing and I am empowered. I will not only slaughter the meat for the meal, I will clean it, cook it, and sing around a bonfire wearing its skin. Alright, maybe not that far but I will scrub the floors and break out a batch of cookies to sate my damn cravings that is for sure. (While wearing the cutest little pink apron with cupcakes on it. I shit you not.)
These cookies come from it being That Time Of The Month. And when you reach my age, that time can last for weeks. It’s damn depressing. So what’s best for when that cloud of darkness sets in? I mean besides actually slaughtering a few things along the way because we are trying to avoid prison are we not? Chocolate. And not just a bite or two. Screw that. I want the stuff to coat every last taste bud I have and leave me having a mini-foodgasm in my mouth because sure as hell I am not getting pleasure anywhere else right then.
So here you have it, It’s That Time Of The Month Cookies. Bake a batch for yourself, a friend, a relative, or your spouse in hopes they don’t slaughter you because your boxers didn’t hit the damn hamper again! These cookies might just save your life, or at least your sanity for a few more days. Enjoy!
It's That Time Of The Month Cookies
Double Chocolate Fudge Cookies
These cookies keep for about 3 days in an air tight container on the counter or a week in the fridge but let’s be real. If you are making these chances are you are going to be found on the floor, chocolate smeared on your face and an empty cookie tin next to you about an hour after they are cooled. I’m not gonna judge.
- 1 Cup Butter (Softened)
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar (Packed)
- 4 Ounces Dark Chocolate Chips (Melted)
- 2 Eggs (Room Temp)
- 4 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbl Cold Black Coffee
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Special Dark Cocoa Powder
- 2 Cups Flour (All-Purpose)
- 1 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and line cookie sheets with parchment.
- Cream the butter in your mixer until smooth.
- Add in both the Granulated Sugar and the Light Brown Sugar. Cream for 2 minutes.
- Pour in Melted Chocolate Chips. (To melt, place in a bowl, microwave for 45 seconds, mix until smooth.)
- Add in Eggs, Vanilla, and Coffee until mixed in.
- Toss in the Baking Soda, and Salt. Mix until blended.
- Dump in the Cocoa Power and mix. (Slowly!)
- Slowly add in the flour and mix until just coming together.
- Add in All The Chocolate. Mix until well combined.
- Cover bowl and let sit for 20 minutes in the freezer. (This stuff is sticky!)
- Scoop onto parchment lined baking sheets using an ice cream scoop. About 4 to 6 per sheet. Give them space.
- Place in the refrigerator now and let set for 30 minutes.
- Bake for 11 minutes and then remove from the oven and let cool 10 minutes on cookie sheet. They will be soft in the center but the tops will look dry. (Adjust time for your oven)
- Move to cooling rack and let cool fully or until you at least won’t burn your mouth!